Monday, August 17, 2009

First Prayer

The other night as we were getting Everett ready for bed we asked him who he wanted to help him say his prayer. After thinking for a moment he replied "I say it." So Will, Everett and I all knelt down by his bed and Everett starts to say his prayer. He was thankful for our family, the church, the prophet, and then he stopped. I prompted him to bless us have a good night sleep and then end it. After we finished I looked at Will and asked if this was the first time he had done it by himself. It was!!! And Will and I both got to be home to hear Everett's first prayer. I am so grateful for the "tender mercies". I never realized how great I would feel hearing my child pray to our Heavenly Father. I am so proud of Everett!!

1 comment: